Monday, June 9, 2008

Live Video Feed

Hey fellow Rotarian's.

I hope everyone had a fantastic time at our inaugural kick-oof board session held at the Johnston residence on Friday night!

It wasnt really a board meeting so much as it was a fun time to get to know each other so I hope everyone had some fun with it - I know I did judging from the 1400mg of ibuprofen I had to eat in the morning!

Anyway, you can check out a short recording of some of the festivities at the link above.

I also wanted to start a bit of a discussion here about your thoughts on this live video thing at our Friday morning meetings.

I really want to do it because I think it would help market Rotary and in particular, help with adopting new members on board - ie they could participate with us on-line for a try-before-you-buy associate membership.

Also, I would like to use this as a monthly theme arrangement to bring in a Rotarian(s) from a club in another country and we could have a breakfast theme meeting around it.

I do understand and appreciate that some of you may be concerned about privacy issues - if that is the case, we could still do the live video thing however, I could lock out all viewers except those that we accept with a login.

Please post your thoughts on this topic by clicking on the "comment" link below.

have a fantastic day .....your PE, Shane

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Agree we need to use technology but also believe we need to balance it with having folks meet face to face, that way they truly get to know one another.
Concern would be that we get an ever increasing number who want to 'look in' rather than attend meetings.

Gordon